- the individual who is registering for an Account with Schoolie;
- the school district, state government, or public agency that has provided data to Schoolie.
At Schoolie, we take data security and the privacy of students very seriously. Schoolie complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) and all other federal and state laws in regard to student data.
1. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
We collect the following types of information:
De-identified Student Data: Schoolie collects de-identified student academic achievement data (“data”) provided to us by school districts, state governments, and public agencies. Prior to our receipt of this data, school districts, state governments, and public agencies remove all Personally Identifiable Information (information that could identify an individual) from the data.
In other words, we do not collect or analyze any Personally Identifiable Information that could cause students to be identified. We do not collect the following Personally Identifiable Information of students:
- The name of a student or a student’s family member;
- The address of the student or student's family member;
- Personal identifiers (e.g., social security numbers and biometric records such as fingerprints, facial characteristics, or handwriting);
- Indirect identifiers (e.g., date of birth, place of birth, mother’s maiden name);
- Other information that, either alone or in combination, would allow a reasonable person in the school community to identify the student with reasonable certainty.
Using our unique algorithms we analyze this data to bring insights on school performance, with a focus on curriculum rigor, course variety, and student support.
Once you begin using the Schoolie Service, we may track, collect, and aggregate Non-Personal Information indicating, among other things, which pages of our Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks were “clicked.” We use Non-Personal Information to build higher quality, more useful services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our Site. We may also use it for other business purposes.
2. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Schoolie only shares your Personally Identifiable Information in limited circumstances, described below. We do not rent or sell your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Who we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with:
- We may share information with those that provide us with technology services (e.g. web hosting services), but strictly for the purpose of carrying out their work for us.
- We may be required to share information with law enforcement or other third parties when compelled to do so by court order or other legal process, to comply with statutes or regulations, or if we believe in good faith that the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of our users.
In the event of a change of control: If we sell, divest or transfer our business, we will not transfer your Personally Identifiable Information unless the new owner intends to maintain and provide the Service as a going concern, and provided that the new owner has agreed to data privacy standards no less stringent than our own. In such case we will provide you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of the transfer of your personal information.
3. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
4. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
You may, of course, decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your Account information and preferences at any time by accessing your Account preferences page through the Service.
You may also choose to discontinue the use of the Service by sending a request to: email@example.com. Upon confirmation of your request, we will permanently delete all Personally Identifiable Information associated with your account from the Service. However, we may continue to use your name and contact email as provided in your registration for the purpose of sending you informational emails of our Services, unless you decide to opt out of receiving any such emails.
5. OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Schoolie strongly believes in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain Personally Identifiable Information on our Site from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access this Site at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any Personally Identifiable Information of persons less than 13 years of age that has been collected on our Site without verified parental consent upon learning of the existence of such Personally Identifiable Information.
7. HOW TO CONTACT US